SFP+ 10G Passive DAC Twinax Cable, SFP+ to SFP+, 0.5 m (1.5 ft.), HPE-compatible, Direct Attach Copper, AWG 30, Black
The benefits of Passive Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cable over fiber optic and RJ45 cables
The Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cable is becoming increasingly popular in the network industry. Our passive SFP+ 10G DAC Twinax cable is an energy-efficient, low-latency and cost-effective alternative to fiber optic and RJ45 cabling. It's an excellent choice for short-distance structured cabling between switches and routers on one end and servers or storage on the other, be it in Top of Rack (ToR), adjacent rack, stacking of 10GbE switches or similar applications.
Close to zero power consumption and a wide temperature range
SFP+ DAC is comprised of a twinax copper cable terminated with SFP+ connectors on both ends, which can provide an electrical connection directly into active equipment. Consuming less than 0.15 W due to its thermal design, this passive cable helps decrease your operating expenses. Its zero-heat production during operation makes it more versatile and usable in wider temperature ranges up to 70°C (158°F), which is particularly valuable in data centers.
Lower cost and simpler to deploy than fiber optics
DAC cabling has a relatively simple internal structure with fewer components than fiber cables. This cable structure helps lower the purchase price for applications in high-bandwidth data transmission and saves you from having to buy separate transceivers. This, in turn, makes DAC cables a lot simpler to deploy since there are fewer parts to match to complete setup. Used versions of this cable are also more convenient to keep on hand because you do not have to clean and inspect them before plugging them in again. When you make upgrades or replacements to your network, the cable's seamless Hot Swapping capability makes quick work of connecting new equipment (note that passive DAC cables are not suitable for long-range applications; at 7 m (23 ft.), they reach their transmission limit).
Lower latency than RJ45 twisted-pair patch cables
Like "regular" Cat6a and Cat7 copper cables, this Direct Attach Copper twinax cable supports data transfer rates up 10 Gbps, but its unique structure and signal transmission offers lower latency.
Please note: This SFP+ 10G Passive DAC Twinax Cable is designed, programmed and tested to work with switches and routers from HP®- / HPE®.
• Passive Direct Attach Copper (DAC) twinax cable for cost-effective, low-latency, power-saving connections
• Compatible with switches and routers from HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
• Two SFP+ connectors for data transfer rates up to 10 Gbps
• Equivalent to the HPE X242 DAC cable series
• Significantly lower power consumption and price point than fiber optic cables
• Lower signal latency than RJ45 connections
• Simpler deployment than cables in optical transceivers with fewer components having to match
• Passive DAC as an ideal option in structured cabling for many short-distance applications up to 7 m (23 ft.)
• Produces zero heat and can be used in high operating temperatures up to 70°C (158°F)
• Hot-swappable for seamless network upgrades or replacements
• Lifetime warranty
SpecificationsStandards and Certifications
• FCC General
• Power consumption: <0.1 W (per end)
• Applications: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
• Maximum data transfer rate: 10 Gbps
• Minimum bend radius: 30 mm (1.18 in.)
• Impedance: 100 Ohm
• Length: 0.5 m (1.5 ft.)
• Weight: 57 g (2.01 oz.) Compatible Brands
• Tested to work with the HPE Aruba switch series, models J9145, J9150, J9151, J9281, J9283 and JG326 Connectors
• Two SFP+ male Cable
• 30 AWG
• Type: passive copper, twinaxial
• Jacket material: PVC Operating Environment
• Operation temperature: 0 - 70°C (32 - 158°F)
• Storage temperature: -40 - 80°C (-40 - 176°F) Package Contents
• Passive DAC Twinax Cable
1 to 2 working days